Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Its Actually Really Great

I've gotten 2 comments in the space of minutes, that I haven't made Buenos Aires sound very nice. I understand why that has happened. My blog has had a lot of personal reflections on things the made an impression and some of those things were bad. I would like to clarify, I did mention this yesterday, that the human tragedy that I have seen does not belong only to Argentina, it is world wide. I have experienced these things because I am amongst them. Im sure in any city where public transportation and walking are common, people experience similar situations.

Buenos Aires is a grand city. Its a vast city. It is tall buildings as far as the eye can see. If you don't like that, you wont like BA. But if you do then you are in for nice surprises. Every corner you turn you encounter something new. I told you in one of my first blogs, that I discovered San Martin Plaza just because I went the wrong way. It was beautiful and I was so happy to find it. I also have discovered many old, grand, elaborate buildings. I have no idea what they are, but they take my breath away. There are domed buildings everywhere. There are street markets everywhere where artisans can sell their creations. There is a cemetary with hundreds of mini mausoleums. There is a beautiful rose garden surrounded by ponds. There is a hip and trendy neighborhood with cute shops, restaurants and cafes. I have met cool people. My host family is nice. Im having a blast exploring the city. Buenos Aires is wonderful too.

Besos

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. So glad you are having a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I happy that you feel comfortable in BA. Nice to read your words.

    ReplyDelete